Here are five beginners tips when staying at someone’s house.
- Research the neighbourhood and learn more about your host on the website, rough ratings and social media accounts…
- … And make sure to have a detailed profile yourself.
- Be clear with your expectations – and ask about any house rules.
- Show respect, be on time and think of the stay as being at a friend’s house.
- Not quite ready, but want to meet people? Start by catching up with locals for coffee or city walks through networks like Couchsurfing.